All Waratah Masters Cycling Club members, administrators, officials, and coaches are encouraged to visit and draw on resources available via Play by the Rules website. https://www.playbytherules.net.au/
All persons who are bound by this code shall:
- Act in a manner which is compatible with the interests of AusCycling and Waratah Masters CC.
- Accord people involved in cycling with the appropriate courtesy, respect and regard for their rights and obligations.
- Treat people’s property with respect and due consideration of its value.
- Show a positive commitment to Auscycling and Waratah’s policies, rules, procedures, guidelines and agreements.
- Respect the law and customs of the places they visit.
- Respect the confidentiality of information that they receive in the course of fulfilling their duties.
- Not misuse funds or property belonging to another party.
- Uphold the standing and reputation of all forms of cycling within Australia.
- Observe and comply with the Anti-Doping Rules set out in the AusCycling Anti-Doping Policy.rules, procedures, guidelines and agreements.
- Sledging other athletes, officials or event organisers. Sledging is defined as a statement that is deemed to denigrate and/or intimidate another person, or behaviour likely to constitute emotional abuse.
- Excessive use of alcohol, acting in a way that becomes a public nuisance, or creating a public disturbance.
- Damaging another person’s property or depriving them of that property.
- Sexual relations between an appointed official and a junior athlete (under the age of consent), irrespective of the wishes and desires of the athlete. In all other cases such relations are strongly discouraged.
- Any physical contact with athletes shall be appropriate to the situation and be necessary for the further development of the athlete’s skill.
- The use or encouragement of the use banned substances. (The banned substance list is as outlined under CA’s Anti-Doping Policy.)
- Statements which are deemed to denigrate the group that an individual is representing.
- Any form of harassment.