Bicycling Australia ran an article on WMCC/WMZ in its last edition - and the article…
Finally after many weeks of lockdown, riding around in circles to keep up those kms without moving out of our LGA and racing as an Avatar in a virtual world, we can now look forward to the return of normality (or close to it).
In anticipation of reaching the magic number of 80%, racing is due to commence of Sunday 31st October at Lansdowne.
Starting at 7.45am for the C – F grade and 9am for A/ B grades.
Please be aware that COVID protocols are to be followed which include:
- You must check in and check out using the Services NSW app.
- You must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have medical exemption.
To ensure that signing on and getting to the start line on time:
- Allow for extra time to check with the Services NSW app.
- The QR code will be conveniently placed at the entrance of the event and car park area.
- At the sign on desk, when you sign onto the event and pay the entrance fee of $15, you will be asked to show your vaccination certificate.
- Same procedure will apply to riders who have prepaid their race fees.
Please note that the NSW Services app has been updated (15th October) so that your vaccination certificate is verified on checkin
- Update Service NSW app in App store
- Login in to mygov.com.au on the phone browser – head to Medicare – view certificate
- Send it to Service NSW app
This information is based on current NSW Gov health advice and may change. We look forward to seeing the regular racers as well as some new faces.
Check out our Facebook site for further updates and discussion from our members regarding our return to racing: https://www.facebook.com/waratahmasters
Paul King on behalf of WMCC